Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Taking a Break

As you may have noticed, I have been taking a bit of a break from blogging. I am not doing much traveling and am pretty much hunkered down avoiding the Southern California heat wave. It is due to break on Thursday, with highs in the mid-80s instead of the 100-plusses. I'm all for that.

Tomorrow I'm having lunch with Jamie Cabral, a friend from Greece (My, don't we sound exotic?) who works at Santa Monica Mountains. And maybe Amy Lethbridge, another Greek sojourner. We all attended the NAI international conference in Athens a few years ago.

Friday I'll be meeting up with Bill Wilner from MiataRoadster who is going to install his short-shifter upgrade in Bergy. It's supposed to be a great upgrade. We'll be meeting at the weekly KINOD Miata meet at the Krispy Kreme in City of Industry, CA. Mine will be the Miata that is not slammed.

My journey east will commence on September 25th. Leaving Gullyforneia (as Governor Ahnold would say) and heading through Needles, the perennial national hotspot. It supposed to be only 106 when I pass through. I'll keep you posted.

If you need an adrenaline rush, here is an article about a ride-along with Brian Goodwin in his NC Miata, the same Miata I was in for a couple of hot laps. Amazing! You're here. And then you're not.

No comments:

Post a Comment