Friday, September 12, 2014

LA, Day 3

OK, I'm beginning to get my feet under me again. Being in one place for more than a day is a good thing every now and then. Hotter than blazes here though. 99 last I checked at about 4:45 p.m. And I don't want to hear any of that "dry heat" crap. Gimme Monterey or San Jose any day.

Bergy got a bath this afternoon. There is a coin-op wash just a few blocks away. I've beenin touch with Bill Wilgus at MiataRoadster who is going to come over and install a quick-shift kit for Bergy. Supposedly a wonderful upgrade.I'll let you know how it performs on the trip back east

The drought appears in odd ways. Through the Valley, there seemed to be a lot of water flowing through sprinklers and aquaducts. Agriculture gets a pass, I suppose. But many businesses have instituted very strict "customers only" policies for bathrooms, and many, including Hearst Castle, (A California State Park) are using chemical toilets in lieu of watery toilets. Watering is permitted on alternate days. It is dry. Laguna Seca was a dust bowl. I guess car wash water gets reused.

Here are some photos that I had not had time to post until now.

 Bergy in The Valley, Near Hollister, CA


Most expensive gas on the trip, Pacific Coast Highway, south of Big Sur.













No comments:

Post a Comment