Sunday, September 7, 2014

Last Day of Camp Zoom Zoom

And so it ends. With a bang, not a whimper Here's a photo of Bergy and me coming down the famous Corkscrew. Photo credit: GotBlueMilk.com. What an incredible operation that is! They took high-quality photos of every car that was on the track (more than 1,500) and had them catalogued and available for purchase by the following day. Today I took it a little easier. I tried to sit down more. Although some of that sitting included watching presentations by Tom Matano and Bob Hall, the two "fathers" of the original Miata, and by Derek Jenkins, current head of design for Mazda, who is responsible for the design of the yet to be released ND Miata. The other seat I sat in was in Brian Goodwin's NC Miata. I was a passenger in the Goodwin Racing Miata for two hot laps of MRLS. We only got up to about 90 or so on the straights, but it was pretty exciting in the corners. What a rush, and what control and quick reactions!

I have to say that Mazda outdid themselves with this event. It was free, the whole thing, and wonderfully organized. I don't think any babies were born, but it did remind me of Woodstock with Wheels. Everyone was having such a good time.

Said goodbye to two new friends from Sequim, Washington whose niece and nephew are both NPS WebRangers! I called Corky Mayo, former NPS Chief of Interpretation so they could chat with the "father" of WebRangers.

Tomorrow I pick up my sister Kathy in San Jose and we head off to visit our cousin Jeanne (Elsie in Wyoming's sister) before doing a Lou turn and heading south along the coast to Encino for a couple of weeks.

Truly an adventure to remember.!

No comments:

Post a Comment