Thursday, September 25, 2014

On the Road Again!

It's funny how the same span of time can fly along quickly, and then at the same time seem to be long. Understand? I had a wonderful viddddit with my sister who is very good to me. Looking back to when I first arrived at her place, it seems like ages ago, yet, where did the time go?  We traveled from San Jose down the coast had a birthday party for me and my nephew Beto, Spent some time with Beto's family, Went to Malibu, and introduced Bergy to Mulholland Highway (everyone should meet Mulholland,) visited a Krispy Kreme parking lot where Bill Wilner of Miata Roadster installed a quick-shifter kit for me (more anon) went to Santa Monica Mountains (twice) fixed a few things around the house, visited the Griffith Observatory (everything I dreamed) and on and on and on.... Wonderful times

Now I have taken the first bite from my return-trip pie and am staying at The Lodge on the River in Bullhead City, Arizona. It's just up the road from Needles, California, the perennial national hotspot. Today did not disappoint, with a high of 109. OK, folks, it's late September, let's move along. Some weather-guessers are predicting rain in Arizona in the coming days. I think I remember rain.... Wet, wasn't it?


1 comment:

  1. Were you caught in tail end of the Mexican hurricane that came up from Baja and flooded the Aridzona desert? dd

    ReplyDelete