Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Tomorrow!


Here's a look inside my "office" for the next six weeks. Now, if I can just get that red car out of the way....

I don't think I can get much readier. This adventure has been about a year in planning, and it's all about to happen.

I have been trying to keep things in perspective, however. Yes, I plan to drive about 7,600 miles in about 6 weeks. Pfft! A friend and NPS colleague, Kirsten Talken-Spaulding, has driven more than 13,000 miles! In eleven days! On a motorcycle! So again, I say Pfft! It's something called the Iron Butt Rally. Indeed. You can read all about it in her blog, KT'sRidin. The link is over there> I have been reading her blog for inspiration, and, as I said, to keep things in perspective.

Among the many things that she has on her blog is a tracking map showing her locations (obviously never too long in one spot.) Using something called Spotwalla and an Android app called BubblerGPS, I can let you follow me cross country. The link is also over there> It's called "Find Tom>On a Map." It'll go live tomorrow at 6 a.m. I have it set to update every 30 minutes while I'm underway (if all goes according to plan.)

Tomorrow promises to be one of my longer days at something over 350 miles. Pfft!



No comments:

Post a Comment