Monday, August 4, 2014

The Plan

I spent today sitting on a hard chair at my dining room table finalizing my itinerary. I wish I was capable of more spontaneity, but I'm not. So be it. Now all that has to happen is for Bergy to perform flawlessly for 7,000 miles. What? Me worry? Nah, Bergy is a good little car, only 67,000 miles, and in very good shape. Piece of cake.

I've been using a nice little application called My Scenic Drives. Very handy for keeping things straight. 

I will be returning east on quite a bit of Route 66, or what is left of it. I'll be taking it more slowly on the return, since I have no Big Event that I need to arrive in time for. Hell, that spontaneity may happen after all....

I have been in touch with a group of three other Miatas that will be at the Big Event in Monterey at the beginning of September and then touring some national parks on the way to Chicago before returning to San Diego on Route 66. We've figured that our paths will meet on October 1 in Catoosa, Oklahoma, so we've planned to have dinner together. What larks!

Among other places, I've booked a night at the Wagon Wheel Motel in Cuba, Missouri. I'm really getting excited about this trip. Lots of sitting, but Bergy's seats will be softer than this hard chair.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment