Saturday, August 30, 2014

Pavilion, Wyoming

I'm visiting my cousin Elsie who has lived here since her early 20s. I can see why. It is stone quiet and beautiful. The Wind River range is in the distance, past the porch railing, the grass, the horse barn, past the trees and the sagebrush. It's sunny today with a nice breeze. I offered to stack some firewood but stopped far short of completion. There's always tomorrow, which should see me most of the way through the rest of the pile. No rattlers, but I am watching and listening. She says she hasn't seen any for a few years, but, you know....
Her jackrabbit died a while back, so now there are two cottontails, two horses, an aging border collie, and four kittens that will be adopted out when they are old enough.
So far, we've traveled more than 2,000 miles, averaging about 27 mpg of high-test. Bergy's still doing fine, although his cruise control kicks off when going up inclines. Not sure if this is usual. I will check on Miata.net when I get back to WiFi in a couple of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment