Monday, August 25, 2014

Nebraska and Colorado

Needing gas, I stopped in a small town in Nebraska and found Burgie's Diner. Mission accomplished.

This morning started dark and stormy in Kearney, but after about 45 minutes, the skies cleared and it was lovelier all the way into Fort Collins. I cut a corner of Wyoming on my way, where the speed limit is 80. I'll be in Wyoming day after tomorrow so more of that anon.

After Burgie's, I headed back to the interstate, and on my way crossed Route 30. Now, Route 30 runs through Paoli, Pennsylvania, one block from my house. If I had turned right and continued on for 1,800 miles, I'd be home


I'm in Fort Collins, CO tonight visiting my First Niece, Lynn. We walked to Old Town and had a tasty dinner and two even tastier desserts at Enzios. We ate outside and were actually chilly by the time we were done. Fortunately, the walk home settled our dinners and warmed us at the same time.

Lynn echoed the thought that my friend Steve in Illinois had shared, that mine was not merely a cross-country journey in a Miata. It is also an impetus for people all across America to clean their houses. I must say, I am staying in some fine houses with some fine, fine people.

1 comment:

  1. Hats off to the care and planning that goes into the composition of the Bergy photos. Not that I expected anything less...

    ReplyDelete