Sunday, October 5, 2014

Last Night

Tonight finds me in Greensburg, PA at a Ramada that could have been in Brigadoon for all the Garmin could determine. I guess it's a new place and my latest map update didn't cover "100 Ramada Drive." In almost 8,000 miles over 6 weeks, tonight's was the only failure for the Garmin.

I see by the menu that I can get "Scrod English style" here. First time I've ever heard it in the pluperfect subjunctive. (Old joke....)

I have just 280 miles to go on my trip. This hotel is on US Route 30, which also runs one block from home. I think I'll try to follow 30 tomorrow as a way to slowly withdraw from this adventure.

It's going to take a little adjusting to my "normal" life again. First order of business is to shed the excess avoirdupois I have accumulated over the last six weeks.

This morning I visited Dayton Aviation NHS, a beautifully-done little jewell of a park. I love the Wright Brothers story, always have. I know I'd break my neck, but I'd love to try gliding a la Wright sometime. Maybe after I regain my girlish figure.... But I doubt it. Our border collie, Molly, was related to the Wright brothers.

1 comment:

  1. I, too, am sad to see this journey come to an end. I have enjoyed reading about it every day. Please go more places and continue to blog about them. (I will not accuse you of being a bloggart,)

    ReplyDelete